First Name *
Email Address *
Make this an anonymous donation.
Already have an account?
I just thought I would share my story with you,
My name is Jamal Giraneza and I was born in Burundi but I was displaced by the ongoing civil war there, I spent the next 12 years growing up in a refugee camp in Tanzania.
My parents managed to gain Australian residency and since being in Australia I have, with little official support and even less money, worked tirelessly to promote youth engagement, empowerment and direction in their lives.
Click here See what I have done here
My mentor ‘’Gareth Boytt’’ and I spent time over the 14 months looking at what programs I have done and what I wanted to do next.
We discussed ways to impact the lives of children and families back in Africa who have little or no chance to move up in the world, get out of living in an environment that is inundated with plastic pollution and who have very poor quality water sources – not an easy task!!
What we ultimately come up with was a three-pronged strategy to deliver clean water, recycle plastic waste and deliver cottage industry to families in Africa.
The 3 Pronged Strategy:
1. purchase and install containerised water filtration systems in strategic locations. Using biodegradable water containers, purify the water and distribute it through children within the area. Water can be sold by the children with old plastic bottles being collected and returned in exchange for more water in biodegradable containers.
2. located with the water filtration system is a plastic recycling machine. All plastic bottles are shredded with the plastic being sold to local cottage manufacturing units.
3. recycled plastic manufacturing machines are given on loan to families to generate everyday products for sale locally or nearby.
Using this strategy I hope to improve the drinking water available to regions, reduce plastic pollution and deliver local economic growth through manufacturing using recycled plastic.
Here’s How The Funds will be used:
1. raise $86000 Aud ($60000 USD)
2. I have undertaken significant research on what essential items sell best and the different specialised items that sell in Zambia. Using that research/contacts and information already gathered, I will purchase those goods for sale in Zambia from China. These will be pre-sold at the destination as much as possible and the balance sold on arrival.
3. the profits / initial investment is reinvested into the next container, a % is put aside to reimburse initial investors with the balance going into a fund for use to launch the main program.
All monies from the this Funds raising will be managed by a dedicated board of directors in Perth Australia who have volunteered their time to support my venture. Funds will only be released per adherence to very strict guidelines put in place.
I thank you for taking your time off your schedule and supporting me continue to deliver hope and assistance to people in need both here in Australia and Africa.